Monday, March 12, 2012

A Wonderful Baptism

We had a wonderful Baptism yesterday with Jabari Albert. Everything seemed to go smoothly. Jabari is such a wonderful person. He is very charismatic and after investigating the church for 1 year and 10 months he has made a big impact on the ward and his friends and family. There was a lot of support and the Baptismal service was wonderful.
Elder Killpack and I were giving the presentation during the time that Jabari was changing. It went really well! The Spirit was so strong. When we got to the First Vision I started off with the quote and everything was so quiet and the Spirit witnessed with such power the truthfulness of what we were sharing. As I was quoting Joseph Smith I remember thinking to myself "WHOoo! everything is so peaceful and quiet.." It was truly an incredible feeling... right in the middle of the First Vision, right when the Spirit seemed to be the strongest...RING RING RING!! the peaceful silence of the Spirit was broken by a cell phone!! I couldn't believe it!! The first thing that came to my mind was - the Gospel is true. Time and time again the adversary does all he can to interrupt the Spirit and Revelation. I know God lives and that He loves us and with the help of our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ we can protect ourselves from the adversary.
I miss you all and hope you have a wonderful week.
Love,
Elder Blandon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Robbie leaves on his mission he will not be able to read comments, but feel free to leave any comments for the moderators or other readers.