Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Remember

This week is pretty good. I think these last two transfers have been some of the hardest for me both mentally and spiritually. I have come to realize a very important lesson tho.. I think back at all the times in my mission that I have been frustrated or discouraged or depressed and It all goes back to one word 'REMEMBER' 
 Anytime that I forget my purpose or forget that I have felt the Spirit, when I forget about all that has happened in my life to bring me where I am today, when I forget - that is when I become prideful, that is when I begin to fall away from the path I'm supposed to travel. when we become distracted we lose sight of the plan that God has for us. this reminds me of a story in the bible -
 
25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
Peter was a man of great faith. For a moment he walked on water! But when Peter turned away and saw the winds and the waves before him he was afraid. Fear is the opposite of faith. We must not loose sight of Christ. He is the light and the life of the world and no man cometh unto the Father but by Him. Every day I meet people who are afraid and unsure of the future. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that God lives and that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ into the world that we my be saved. We need not fear in this life. 
 This last week I came to a realization. I must not forget. I can not forget or else I must perish in unbelief. the Lord has given us many ways to remember the things that are of most importance in our lives. 
12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
 So these are the lessons that the Lord is helping me to learn. I am grateful for the Gospel in my life. I am grateful for the leaders of this church and the fact that they dedicate their lives to this to God and His glorious kingdom.
I know this church is true. I know God lives and He loves me. I pray for everyone and I hope all is well
Love Elder Blandon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Once Robbie leaves on his mission he will not be able to read comments, but feel free to leave any comments for the moderators or other readers.